2017 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC 2017)
Special Session on
¡°Fireworks Algorithm and Its Applications¡±
1. Aim and Scope
Fireworks Algorithm (FWA) is a newly proposed swarm intelligence (SI) algorithm, which has shown a great success on solving many complex optimization problems, including not only the benchmark functions but also the real-world problems. Compared to other SI algorithms, such as Particle Swarm Optimization, Ant Colony Optimization and Genetic Algorithm, it has a new search manner in the solution space and is a strong capability of optimization computation.
FWA achieved great success on solving many complex optimization problems effectively. FWA has a unique search manner in the solution space and is a strong capability to solve optimization problems. It has many effective variants and huge amount of successful applications. Moreover, FWA is suitable for parallelization and works significantly better than other SI algorithms, such as particle swarm optimization, ant colony optimization and genetic algorithm.
The main aim of this special session is to bring together both experts and new-comers from either academia or industry to discuss fireworks algorithm and its application. However, both the improvement of FWA and the application of FWA are acceptable for this special session.
Scope and Topics
Full papers are invited on recent advances in the development of FWA, i.e., FWA improvements and applications. The session seeks to promote the discussion and presentation of novel works related with (but not limited to) the following issues:
- Theoretical analysis of FWA
- Algorithmic improvement of FWA
- FWA for single-, multi-, and many-objective optimization
- FWA for data mining and machine learning
- FWA for data analysis
- Parallelized and distributed realizations of FWA
- Applications of FWA
2. Important Dates
Authors are welcome to submit original, latest, and unpublished contributions to the Special Session by using the online submission system at the CEC 2017 website at http://www.cec2017.org/.
- Paper submission: 16 Jan 2017.
- Notification of acceptance: 26 Feb 2017.
- Conference dates: 5-8 June 2017.
Please visit the forum of FWA http://www.cil.pku.edu.cn/research/fwa/index.html before your submission.
When submitting their manuscripts, authors are recommended to follow these steps:
- Identify the conference associated to the Special Session they are interested in, by looking at the ¡°Provisionally Accepted Special Session¡± list under the column called ID;
- Go to the conference submission website http://cec2017.org/submission.php;
- Select the Special Session name in the Main Research topic dropdown list;
- Fill out the input fields, upload the pdf file and finalize the submission by Janurary 16, 2017.
4 Special Session Co-Chairs