Swarm Intelligence - From Concepts to Applications (PBCE110)
Swarm Intelligence (SI) is one of the most important and challenging paradigms in computational intelligence, focusing on the research of collective behaviours of a swarm in nature and/or social phenomenon, to solve complicated and difficult problems which cannot be handled by traditional approaches. SI has attracted much research interest. Thousands of papers are published each year presenting new algorithms, new improvements and numerous applications. SI has been successfully applied to many real-world applications in nearly all walks of life. Thus, it will remain a main research topic for the following decades. However, there are too many new methods invented in this field each year, which makes it hard to follow for researchers, learners and practitioners in the field. It is high time to publish a solid all in one reference presenting the latest knowledge, research and applications in this field systematically and thoroughly.
The aim of this book is to provide readers with a full view of the field of swarm intelligence. Students will learn the principles and theories of typical swarm intelligence algorithm; scholars in the field will get inspired for further promising research directions; practitioners will find suitable methods for their applications of interest along with useful instructions.
The scope of this book includes the principles, approaches, developments, analyses and applications of typical swarm intelligence algorithms. This book will present the latest research work in the field of swarm intelligence. Important newly proposed swarm intelligences are introduced in detail along with their theories and applications. Each of the chapters will be written by the inventor or most knowledgeable scholar of this swarm intelligence approach to ensure high level expertise and comprehensiveness.
2. Editorial Commitee
Editorial Board: TBA
3. Publisher: IET, United KingdomThe IET is one of the world's largest engineering institutions with Over 167,000 members in 150 countries. It is also the most multidisciplinary - to reflect the increasingly diverse nature of engineering in the 21st century. The IET is working to engineer a better world by inspiring, informing and influencing our members, engineers and technicians, and all those who are touched by, or touch, the work of engineers.
4. Important Dates
Deadline for chapter proposal: November 30, 2016.
Deadline for chapter Manuscript: Feburary 28, 2017.
Deadline for Notification of chapter acceptance: May 15, 2017
Deadline for Final Version of the accepted chapter: June 01, 2017.
The estimated publication date is January 2018.
5. Submission of Chapter Manuscripts
All chapter manuscripts must be submitted through Easychair system, specifically, the submission web page for the Swarm Intelligence Book (SIB2018, for short) is SIB2018 Submission Link .
Please comply with the timelines and submit your chapter before the deadlines.
6. Format and TemplateAll manuscripts must be prepared with the latex
7. Other News from the IET Books Team
We have added the use of iThenticate software on all chapters to the range services provided to all authors. This service aims to detect any potential similarities between previously published works to improve the service and quality of books we offer.
Twitter and LinkedIn
Are you interested in getting your published book chapter out there on social media? If you are, please consider including your social media information in the submission information so we can help spread the word on publication!
8. Linked to the ICSI'2017All authors of chapters in the IET Book are eligible for attending the Eighth International Conference on Swarm Intelligence (ICSI'2017) in Fukuoka of Japan by registering to "the Workshop on the IET SI Book" at a discount registration rate which will be announced shortly. We hope at least one author from each chapter can attend this specific workshop and present his work in person to the authors of other chapters in this IET SI Book. The deep and extensive discussions about this book and beyond will be scheduled in the workshop at the ICSI'2017 .
Editing Asisstant of Prof. Ying Tan.
webpage: SI-Book Homepage